Thought you could get away from the Resident Evil 2 madness at Comic-Con? Think again! Capcom has unveiled the GameStop exclusive RE2 Remake Collector’s Edition. Retailing for $199.99, the collector’s edition at Comic-Con is the North American version, with the European version (according to Capcom’s Community Manager) being unveiled next month.
But enough talking. What’s in it!?
- Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition – Includes the full game, special Deluxe packaging, and extra DLC Pack card
- Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure – An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!
- “Ben’s File” Art Book – A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy, and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.
- Digital Soundtrack – A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.
- “R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster – A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
In addition, Capcom have also shown off a cross-promotional piece with Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, showing a new-look Claire on her Harley. You’re probably asking why Claire looks so different, whereas Leon has, apart from his facelift, looks pretty similar to his original appearance in 1998. Funny you should ask, as Capcom have released a statement about the change:
“The team had quite a bit of discussion on how to design her new look, and how much of it should retain her appearance from the original PlayStation Resident Evil 2. Ultimately, the team decided on an appearance that would line up with the iconic scene of Claire entering Raccoon City on her motorcycle. The team is extremely happy with her final design, and hope you all enjoy it as well!”
The Resident Evil 2 Remake hits PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One January 25th, 2019.