Deep Silver and 4A Games are pulling out all the stops for collectors, it seems. Not content with having multiple editions of Metro Exodus (including an exclusive Xbox One X bundle), Deep Silver have announced a rare exclusive edition of the game.
The Metro Exodus Artyom Custom Edition, of which only ten exist, won’t be sold in stores. Instead, Metro fans around the world will have the opportunity to win them via a number of planned promotions in the coming weeks.
So, what’s in it?
Packaged in a steel ammo crate, the Artyom Custom Edition contains:
- A fully-functional, hand-made Nixie Watch
- A Gas Mask and Filter
- A working Bullet Lighter made from a decommissioned shell
- A hand-made steel Spartan dog tag to be engraved with the recipient’s name
- A leather map case and map of the Aurora’s journey
- A personalised Certificate of Authenticity, signed by Dmitry Glukhovsky and Andrew ‘Prof’ Prokhorov, creative director and co-founder at 4A Games
“We worked with the renowned craftsmen at DB Props, based in the world-famous Shepperton Studios to source and manufacture the ultimate collection for Metro fans,” said Huw Beynon, head of global brand management at Deep Silver. “Each item is either an authentic real-world object or has been hand-made to re-create 4A’s original designs. We knew we could never do Artyom’s signature Nixie watch justice with a replica; so we decided to make them for real.”
So, how do you get one? The first of these editions has been given to 4A Games. The remaining nine will be available to win via a series of upcoming promotions. You can register for a chance to win one of these editions at MetroTheGame.com, by following Metro Exodus on Twitter and Instagram, or on Facebook.
Metro Exodus hits retail on February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.