Connect with us

Movies

The Rock Will Teach the ‘Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide’

Published

on

The Rock

Talk about irony. My friend and I were literally just talking about how irrelevant Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has become (noting his return to the WWE), and then today I have my statements thrown right back in my face.

Dwayne Johnson has become attached to star in Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide, a live action adventure film based on the comic book miniseries by John Paul Russ that was published by Zenescope Entertainment, says Deadline.

The book series is a comprehensive guide to hunt monsters, the undead and unnatural beasts, and survive the confrontations.

Johnson is in production on G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, playing the character Roadblock, and then follows with the Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch, playing a man who turns DEA informant to reduce his son’s prison sentence.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘Abigail’ Comes Home to Premium VOD This Week!

Published

on

Abigail action gory horror

Less than one month after releasing in theaters, Universal has announced that their vampire ballerina horror movie Abigail will be headed home to “Premium VOD” this week.

We’ve learned this morning that you’ll be able to buy ($24.99) or rent ($19.99) Abigail at home beginning tomorrow, May 7, 2024, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.

Abigail is the third vampire movie from the Universal Monsters brand in the past year, the film scaring up $34.7 million at the worldwide box office these past few weeks. That gives it a higher worldwide gross than both The Last Voyage of the Demeter ($21.7 million) and Renfield ($26.4 million), and it’s also the most critically successful of the three vampire movies.

Meagan Navarro wrote in her positive review here on Bloody Disgusting, “Radio Silence’s ballerina vampire movie is a bloody blast.” Her review continued, “It’s savagely inventive in terms of its vampiric gore, offering a thrill ride with sharp, pointy teeth.”

And yes, Abigail takes place in the same universe as Radio Silence’s Ready or Not!

In Abigail, “After a group of would-be criminals kidnap the 12-year-old ballerina daughter of a powerful underworld figure, all they have to do to collect a $50 million ransom is watch the girl overnight. In an isolated mansion, the captors start to dwindle, one by one, and they discover, to their mounting horror, that they’re locked inside with no normal little girl.”

From Radio Silence—the directing team of Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett behind the terrifying modern horror hits Ready or Not, 2022’s Scream and last year’s Scream VI—comes a brash, blood-thirsty new vision of the vampire flick, written by Stephen Shields (The Hole in the Ground, Zombie Bashers) and Guy Busick (Scream franchise, Ready or Not).

Abigail stars Melissa Barrera (Scream franchise, In the Heights), Dan Stevens (Gaslit, Legion), Kathryn Newton (Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Freaky), William Catlett (Black Lightning, True Story), Kevin Durand (Resident Evil: Retribution, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and Angus Cloud (Euphoria, North Hollywood) as the kidnappers and Alisha Weir (Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical, Darklands) as Abigail.

Continue Reading