I played Metro: 2033 for only a short period of time. I’ve become a bit of a 1st person shooter snob and I found Metro’s controls to not be as perfect as I had hoped. While the games atmosphere and most everything surrounding it to be excellent, it did not get me away from the wonky controls and that tends to screw up my entire gaming experience.
Well THQ is promising to fix the sequel Metro: Last Light drastically. “We believe that Metro 2033 was a flawed masterpiece,” said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ. “It was a beautiful, original game that didn’t get the marketing support it needed. We won’t make that mistake with Metro: Last Light. This game improves on the original in every way – it will have more polish, deeper and more sophisticated gameplay, and satisfyingly visceral combat, without losing what our fans loved about the original. Metro: Last Light is another artful piece of game development from an Eastern European studio that will thrill and terrify anyone looking for a more cerebral experience than your typical first person shooter.” About Metro: Last Light
It is the year 2034.
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within.
Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
* A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
* Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
* Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
* Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
* Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
* Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online, as Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - November 6, 2017 - Pet Sematary, Horror ...
Starry Eyes duo Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch will take over the Pet Sematary Remake, 2017 was the best year for horror movies ever, and James O'Barr will be heavily involved in the upcoming The Crow film. It's THIS WEEK IN HORROR with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Tuesday, November 7, 2017