While we reported that Nicolas Cage was officially cast to return as Johnny Blaze in Columbia Pictures’ Ghost Rider 2, it appears the star isn’t ready to lace up those flaming leather boots just yet. In a new interview with the actor, he reveals that the sequel to the smash-hit Marvel comic adaptation still needs some tweaking. Somebody needs to light a fire under their arses!
Nicolas Cage, who’s slated to reprise his 2007 “Ghost Rider” role as Johnny Blaze, told MTV News that a writer is currently being sought for the follow-up, something we revealed back in January.
The sequel, which could see the demonic biker battling evil in Europe alongside the Catholic Church is still in its infancy, meaning a director is also needed before flaming tires hit the pavement again. Though Mark Steven Johnson, co-writer and director of “Daredevil” and the first “Ghost Rider” film, seems like a reasonable candidate for either role with the sequel, Cage said nothing’s been decided so far.
“Everyone is very busy. I know Mark has his own thing going on,” Cage told MTV, “It’s up to the studio. It’s really in their hands.”
When asked which elements the sequel should include, Cage spoke tentatively given the early stage of “Ghost Rider 2″ development. He did, however, point out the importance of some signature Ghost Rider themes.
“It has to have that action horror element and go deeper into that if it were to happen and [it should] keep us asking questions. Keep it interesting on a philosophical level,” said Cage.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - November 21, 2017 - Halloween, X-Files, ...
Danny McBride reveals more details about the upcoming Halloween sequel, Season 12 of The X-Files is coming very soon, and the Are You Afraid of the Dark? movie has its writer! It's THIS WEEK IN HORROR with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Wednesday, November 22, 2017