After touring for months if not years, there comes a point when a musician can start determining which concert venues are better than others. Which ones are the most fun, which have the best green room, which have the best restaurants nearby, etc… And that’s just what Eve To Adam singer/guitarist Taki Sassaris did for Bloody-Disgusting! He put together a list of his Top 5 Favorite Venues. Check ’em out below and see if your favorite is on the list!
1. Mohegan Sun Arena-Uncasville, CT: When I got hooked on hard rock/metal, the bands that were killin’ it at the time were all arena hard rock/metal acts- Fans that really know ETA’s sound know that this is a venue tailor made for a band with a big, loud hardrock sound. This place has been voted Billboard’s 5th Top Venue in the World for good reason- Seats 10,000, and all the top artists in the world are booked there year round. Billy Joel, for example, holds the consecutive nights sold out attendance record currently- It is a state of the art facility with amazingly clean acoustics and sight lines…A band can turn up the amps, and the place makes the sound really sing without it being over bearing or washed out.
2. Beacon Theatre-New York, NY: opened in 1929 and has yet to be eclipsed. Amazing acoustics and sight lines. Seats 2,500 perfectly. Legendary bands like the Allman Brothers choose this venue for residencies and multi night runs constantly and bands like the Rolling Stones shoot concert films there with other small timers like Martin Scorsese behind the camera- We played there 2 nights in April of this year with CREED- With 2 nights in a row you get spoiled rotten- It’s a different level of class that other places will never know nor emulate.
3. The Pearl Theater at the Palms Casino- Las Vegas, NV: Like a roman coliseum that means business, The Pearl is an awesome place to get rocked as a fan and for the artist to take performance to the next level. When fixing your eyes on the stage, a performer immediately notices the dimensions and height of the stage itself- So if you like room to run around, then this is the vegas canvas where you can make personal history. The sound is stellar, and for the audience you have great visibility from all angles in the room. Oh yeah, and when the show is done, did I mention that you’re in Las Vegas- That doesn’t suck.
4. Bowery Ballroom- New York, NY: 2012 started off right for EVE TO ADAM when we headlined a sold out show here to a capacity crowd of about 600 – The structure itself was built in 1929 and was converted into a music venue in 1997. A host to a variety of musical styles and genres, from Jay Z to Robert Plant, the biggest of icons and legends have done the intimate thing at the Bowery Ballroom at one time or another since it opened it’s doors. A true hallmark and standard bearer of art and style, the Bowery is always a great place to live the music you enjoy.
5. The Warfield- San Francisco, CA: a 2300 seat venue located on Market Street in one of my favorite artistic meccas, San Francisco. Originally a vaudevillian theater dating back to 1922, it has been an epic rock venue in every sense of the label since the 1970’s. Served as a home for the Grateful Dead in the 1980’s, and as backdrop to thrash metal titans Slayer’s home video War at the Warfield, and where a band like KORN go to bring their intensity and mayhem on an intimate level. Where artists go to rediscover a spark or make a new one, it’s legacy and edge speak for themselves. Oh yeah, did I mention that there is a strip bar next door called the Crazy Horse? Rock and Roll.
Creed with Eve To Adam:
07/27 – Cherokee, NC – Harrah’s Cherokee Event Center w/ Creed
07/28 – Vienna, WV – Fishbone Gill and Grill
07/29 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium w/ Creed
07/30 – Little Rock, AR – Juanitas
08/02 – Redding, CA – Redding Civic Auditorium w/ Creed
08/03 – Lincoln, CA – Thunder Valley Casino w/ Creed
08/08 – El Paso, TX – Speaking Rock Entertainment Center w/ Creed
08/10 – Pharr, TX – Pharr Entertainment Center w/ Creed
08/11 – San Antonio, TX – Sunken Gardens Theater w/ Creed
08/12 – Corpus Christi, TX – Concrete Street Amphitheater w/ Creed
08/14 – Amarillo, TX – Aztec Music Hall w/ Creed
08/17 – Madison, WI – High Noon
08/18 – Fargo, ND – Concert Hall at The Venue w/ Creed
08/21 – Toledo, OH – Mickey Finns
08/22 – Detroit, MI – The Detroit Pub
08/25 – Hartford, CT – Up on the Rock
08/27 – Bethlehem, PA – Sands Bethlehem Event Center w/ Creed
08/28 – Glen Allen, VA – Innsbrook Pavilion w/ Creed
08/30 – Melbourne, FL – King Center for the Performing Arts w/ Creed
08/31 – Pensacola, FL – Saenger Theatre w/ Creed
09/01 – Biloxi, MS – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino w/ Creed
09/05 – Durham, NC – Durham Performing Arts Center w/ Creed
09/07 – Atlantic City, NJ – House of Blues w/ Creed
09/08 – Montclair, NJ – TheWellmont Theatre w/ Creed