Yes, brand new, original C.H.U.D. stories. You’re not dreaming.
Cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers were the stars of the show in 1984’s C.H.U.D., a cult classic horror film that spawned a sequel in 1989. Despite talks of a remake over the years (Rob Zombie was attached at one point!), it’s been decades since we’ve heard a peep from the world of C.H.U.D., but that changes this coming April!
Coming April 27 from Crystal Lake Publishing, C.H.U.D. Lives! is a tribute anthology of original C.H.U.D. fiction from some of today’s top horror and sci-fi writers.
“The stories in this anthology expand the world created by the film and add depth to the C.H.U.D. universe like never before. From stories of apocalyptic horror and all out monster action, to tales of underground parties interrupted by uninvited guests and evening strolls that end in death, this anthology will leave you both smiling and breathless. Relive the fear as these original stories take you beyond the movie to events that occurred before, during, and after the scenes we remember so well.”
“C.H.U.D. Lives!, with an introduction by David Drake and compiled by Eric S. Brown, also features in-depth interviews with the movie’s producer, Andrew Bonime, its screenwriter, Parnell Hall, and never before seen behind-the-scenes photos from the classic 80s horror film.”
Here’s the full lineup:
- Interview with the late Andrew Bonime
- “Dog Walker” by Robert E Waters
- “The Dwellers” by Nick Cato
- “The City Will Eat You Alive” by Ryan C. Thomas
- “Date Night” by David Robbins
- “Strange Gods” by Christopher Fulbright and Angeline Hawkes
- “Lost and Found” by Greg Mitchell
- “They Are C.H.U.D” by Alex Laybourne
- “C.H.A.D.” by Michael H. Hanson
- “Samsa’s Party” by Ben Fisher
- “The Way to a Man’s Heart” by Tim Waggoner
- “Dweller Messiah” by Jason White
- “That’s Entertainment!” by Mort Castle
- “Toxic Disposal” by David Bernstein
- “Monstrous Me” by Martin Powell
- “Step Ate” by Chad Lutzke
- “Zero Hour” by JG Faherty
- “The Deuce” by Philip C. Perron
- “All at Sea” by Ross Baxter
- “You Will Never Leave Harlan Alive” by Jonathan Maberry and Eugene Johnson
- Interview with Parnell Hall (screenwriter) by Eric S Brown
Head over to Amazon to pre-order your copy of C.H.U.D. Lives! today.