Earlier this year, Synapse Films finally brought the 1991 cult classic Popcorn to Blu-ray, offering up a Collector’s Edition Steelbook release that was limited to just 3,000 copies. If you missed out, you’ll be happy to know that a standard release is on its way!
Synapse just announced today that Mark Herrier’s Popcorn will be getting a Special Edition Blu-ray release on October 3. The release features the all-new 2K Scan of an Archival 35mm Interpositive, along with the special features found on the limited edition.
The all-region Blu-ray includes…
- Audio Commentary with Director Mark Herrier, Stars Jill Schoelen, Malcolm Danare, and Special Makeup Effects Artist Mat Falls
- Midnight Madness: The Making of “Popcorn” featuring interviews with Director Mark Herrier, Stars Jill Schoelen, Derek Rydall, Dee Wallace, Malcolm Danare, Ivette Soler, and Elliott Hurst, Special Makeup Effects Artist Mat Falls, Composer Paul Zaza, and Distributor Executive Jonathan Wolf (55 mins)
- Electric Memories – An Interview with Actor Bruce Glover
- Original Theatrical Trailer, Television Trailer and TV Spots
- Still Gallery
- English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Blu-ray Reversible Cover Art by Chris MacGibbon
“What could be scarier than an all-night “Horrorthon”? A group of film students finds out when they stage just such an event at an abandoned movie palace. In addition to the three features—MOSQUITO, THE ATTACK OF THE AMAZING ELECTRIFIED MAN and THE STENCH—they decide to screen a bizarre short called THE POSSESSOR, whose creator, Lanyard Gates, killed his family and set the theater on fire after its first showing. Maggie (Jill Schoelen, THE STEPFATHER) has been having frightening dreams that seem to be connected to THE POSSESSOR, and as the festival proceeds, the nightmare comes true for her and her friends as they are stalked and slain by a mysterious killer. Has Gates survived to continue THE POSSESSOR’s deadly legacy?”