Whenever anyone asks me to name my favorite Bigfoot horror film – and you might be surprised how often I’m asked this question, given my very public love affair with movies centered on the hairiest mythical beast of them all – my answer is always Ryan Schifrin’s Abominable, a gory Sasquatch slasher that was released back in 2006.
The film’s Bigfoot rules, and oh boy does it have some gruesome kills.
Today I’m happy to report that Abominable is finally headed to Blu-ray after all these years, being released on June 12, 2018 as part of the MVD Rewind Collection!
Originally shot on 35mm, Abominable makes it HD debut featuring a brand new high definition transfer from the original camera negative and an ALL-NEW cut of the film with improved CGI-effects overseen by Director Ryan Schifrin and Editor Chris Conlee with enhanced color timing and correction and in this fully loaded collector’s edition set!
Special features include:
- Brand-New 2K High-Definition transfer from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations of the main feature
- 5.1 Surround Audio (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Ryan Schifrin, Actors Matt McCoy and Jeffrey Combs
- NEW – Introduction from Director Ryan Schifrin (HD)
- “Back to Genre: Making ABOMINABLE” featurette (SD)
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (SD)
- Outtakes and Bloopers (SD)
- Shadows” Director Ryan Schifrin’s USC Student Film (SD)
- NEW – “Basil & Mobius: No Rest For The Wicked” (16:28, HD) Short film written and directed by Ryan Schifrin featuring a score by legendary composer Lalo Schifrin and starring Zachari Levi, Ray Park, Malcolm McDowell and Kane Hodder
- The original 2005 version of “Abominable” (Blu-ray only, 94 mins, SD)
- Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Storyboard Gallery
- Collectible Poster
“After recovering from a horrific accident, paraplegic Preston Rogers moves back into the remote cabin where he and his now-deceased wife once lived. When his new neighbor Karen, is attacked by a gigantic creature, Rogers contacts the local authorities. But after the police and those around him dismiss Rogers as a delusional widower, he sets out to stop the abominable creature himself.”