Connect with us

Movies

Latest ‘Predators’ Chatter: Hulking Out and Varied Creatures

Published

on

With just days until 20th Century Fox premieres the first ever footage from Nimrod Antal’s Predators – the Robert Rodriguez Troublemaker Studios prequel to the incredible 80’s action-horror pic starring Arnold Schwarzenegger – a pair of interviews popped up online that talk about the Predators, along with how the entire cast needed to bulk up for their tough battle on the alien home planet. Predators arrives in theaters July 9.
The first news bite comes from an interview with co-star Alice Braga via MTV where she tells us that she thinks the Predators are “cool”.

[T]he predators, fans, they look really cool! I was really scared. The guys that play them, they’re really tall,” she explained adding a bit about her character. “She’s a girl from special forces. She’s a tough cookie. She’s a sniper. She jumps into the story and is trying to run for her life, which is classic “Predator” films.

She also talked a but about star Adrien Brody hulking out for is role (as you know, the first film feature a pack of muscle-clad men).

He was amazing. When we arrived in Hawaii where we first started shooting the film, it was really interesting that he was willing to really get stronger because his body is naturally thin. All of us, we bonded together as a team. We were working out together. He really changed his body, which is great because he challenged himself to do something he hasn’t been doing. I think he’s done it for some films, but never as an action hero. I think he did a great job. I think people are going to be really impressed with his work.

Speaking of packing on pounds, Walton Goggins chatted with Movieweb about how he’s excited that this film doesn’t feature weight lifting powerhouses.

I think the thing that I’m most excited about is our lack of someone that is really big,” explained Goggins. “We’re all regular guys. Except … we do have Oleg Taktarov (Righteous Kill) and he will tell you how big he is, multiple times,” joked the actor. “But for the most part we are all average builds and I think that gives people an opportunity to see themselves in this movie. At the end of the day I think the thing that I’m most excited about is it’s not just an action movie but it’s a movie about these characters that hopefully you will grow to love over the course of the story.

As for the look of the actual Predators, Goggins explains that we’ll see a mix of different looks.

I think that you’re going to get to see a combination of classic Predators with a modern twist told by very, very competent filmmakers,” the actor stated. “I think that the images in this movie are going to rival any other movie in its genre for quite some time,” he proclaimed.

Mark your calenders for July 9. Proof is on the screen.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Movies

‘Rebel Moon – Part One: Director’s Cut’ Rated “R” for Brutal Bloody Violence & Graphic Nudity

Published

on

Zack Snyder’s two-part sci-fi epic Rebel Moon is now streaming in full on Netflix, with last year’s Part One: A Child of Fire followed by this year’s Part Two: The Scargiver.

But the Rebel Moon saga is far from over, because Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cuts of both movies are coming to Netflix. And they’re said to each be around ONE HOUR LONGER.

Of particular note, the Rebel Moon Director’s Cuts will be rated “R,” promising the bloody violence that wasn’t found in the PG-13 versions of the two movies currently on Netflix.

For starters, Rebel Moon – Part One: Director’s Cut has been rated “R” for…

“Brutal bloody violence and gore, sexual content, graphic nudity and language.”

We don’t yet have a release date for these Director’s Cuts. Stay tuned.

From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, comes Rebel Moon, an epic science-fantasy event decades in the making.

When a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella), a mysterious stranger living among the villagers, becomes their best hope for survival. Tasked with finding trained fighters who will unite with her in making an impossible stand against the Mother World, Kora assembles a small band of warriors — outsiders, insurgents, peasants and orphans of war from different worlds who share a common need for redemption and revenge.

As the shadow of an entire Realm bears down on the unlikeliest of moons, a battle over the fate of a galaxy is waged, and in the process, a new army of heroes is formed.

Ed Skrein, Charlie Hunnam, Djimon Hounsou, Doona Bae, Ray FisherSofia BoutellaStuart Martin, Jena Malone, Staz Nair, E. Duffy, Charlotte Maggi, and Sky Yang star alongside Michiel HuismanCary ElwesCorey Stoll, and Alfonso Herrera.

Rebel Moon Part 1 December 2023

Continue Reading