Connect with us

Movies

RIP Morgan Jones; Clive Barker Awakens From Seven Day Coma?!

Published

on

They almost come in threes… (thank God)

Just the other day we lost the original Romero zombie, Bill Hinzman, while this morning we woke up to see that Morgan Jones, a character actor in TV and film, died in Tarzana, Calif., on Jan. 13. He was 84. Jones amassed more than 170 television credits, appearing as a series regular in “The Blue Angels” in the early 1960s, “The Twilight Zone” and recurring on Broderick Crawford series “Highway Patrol.” The actor also appeared in more than 25 feature films, including The Giant Claw, Forbidden Planet and the 1957 cult classic Not of This Earth.

In other news, acclaimed horror author/artist/director Clive Barker survived a near-death experience having just awoken from a seven-day-long coma.

15 Days ago Barker hit Twitter with the following message: “Dear Friends, I’ve had some medical issues that have recently forced me away from my beloved desk and into the hospital…” He then vanished for over a week returning to explain that he received “Toxic Shock” from a visit to the dentist that put him into a coma. “In my case the dental work unloaded such a spillage of poisonous bacteria into my blood that my whole system crashed, putting me into a coma. I spent several days in Intensive Care, with a machine breathing for me,” said the relieved artist.

Later, my Doctors said that they had not anticipated a happy ending until I started to fight, repeatedly pulling out the tubes that I was constantly gagging on. After a few days of nightmarish delusions I woke up to my life again, tired, twenty pounds lighter but happy to be back from a very dark place.

He later added, “I’ve played down just how close to dying I was, but in truth I was very close.

I can only imagine what horrible nightmares he had over the course of a week. But we’re thankful that the 60-year-old auteur pulled through to bring us more horrific visions in the coming years. Get well soon!

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘MaXXXine’ – Mia Goth Takes Hollywood in New Image from Ti West’s Sequel

Published

on

One of this summer’s most hotly anticipated new movies is A24 and Ti West’s MaXXXine, a follow-up to X and Pearl that brings Mia Goth’s title character into the 1980s.

With her past catching up to her, Maxine attempts to make it big as a superstar in Hollywood, 1985. While you wait, check out a new image below courtesy of USA Today this week.

Releasing in theaters on July 5, 2024, MaXXXine is rated “R” for…

“Strong violence, gore, sexual content, graphic nudity, language and drug use.”

If you missed the official trailer, you can watch it right here.

Mia Goth stars alongside Elizabeth Debicki, Moses Sumney, Michelle Monaghan, Bobby Cannavale, Halsey, Lily Collins, Giancarlo Esposito and Kevin Bacon in MaXXXine.

Here’s the official plot synopsis from A24 this week: “In 1980s Hollywood, adult film star and aspiring actress Maxine Minx finally gets her big break. But as a mysterious killer stalks the starlets of Hollywood, a trail of blood threatens to reveal her sinister past.”

Last we saw Maxine in Ti West’s X (2022), she was the sole survivor of a massacre carried out by elderly couple Howard and Pearl in the Summer of ’79. Goth of course pulled double duty as the villain Pearl in that movie, who got her own origin story in Pearl (2022). Pearl and Maxine are different characters, but they share the common goal of wanting to be stars.

Will Maxine finally make it in Hollywood? Or will the demons of her past become her ultimate downfall? With the Night Stalker roaming free, we expect MaXXXine to get wild this summer.

Continue Reading