From the franchise that brought you the scariest film of all time and the team that brought you UploadVR’s “Best Horror Game of 2016” comes what promises to be the most terrifying virtual reality experience yet, The Exorcist: Legion VR.
In development for the past year, this episodic horror adventure will allow users to actively participate in a variety of increasingly disturbing exorcisms as the plot unfolds across five unique chapters. It will take you around the globe as you discover multiple tools to use in your encounters with ancient supernatural entities.
Based on the events in The Exorcist III, Chapters 1 & 2 will launch simultaneously November 22, 2017, on all major headsets (Vive, Oculus and Playstation VR), with three additional chapters following closely behind. “Playtime” for each chapter will vary, but the average is approximately 20-25 minutes.
Head over to The Exorcist: Legion VR‘s official website for more information.
The Legion has come! A variety of demons have returned to our world just as Pazuzu (the main demon from The Exorcist franchise) promised. Follow in the shoes of a detective in Chapter 1 as they uncover strange details behind the grisly murder of a priest. Each subsequent Chapter takes the player further in the journey as they assume the role of a detective investigating the demonic entities lurking in the shadows, culminating in a satisfying ending for any fan of the franchise.
- Five stand-alone episodic chapters that come together for a truly cinematic end.
- Don’t just play the movies, live a whole new story experience in full VR!
- Step into the shoes of an exorcist to confront ancient forces of evil when everything is at stake!
- Discover an intricate story filled with mystery and peril.
- Choose between HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headsets via SteamVR or purchase directly from the Oculus Store for an experience unlike any other.
- Switch between both free roam and teleport locomotion to have full control over your experience.
- Play using room scale, standing, or even seated.
- Utilize a menu consisting of a cellphone, an exorcism kit, among other important items found during the journey.
- Unique items found throughout the stories are collected in your evidence room to be evaluated at a later time.
- Chapters can be replayed at any time, enabling users to discover hidden story content, special achievements and easter eggs.
- Chapter 1 and 2 will be out for PCs concurrently on November 22nd on Oculus Store and SteamVR, with a later release on Viveport and Playstation Network Store.
“This franchise deserves to be done right and the only way to have a truly definitive experience for such a story is in virtual reality,” said Douglas Nabors, CEO of Fun Train. “Playing a non-VR horror game is one thing when you’re safely behind a monitor. But, when you’re living the horror up close and personal, The Exorcist: Legion VR will resonate with you for years to come.”