Connect with us

Movies

Sales Art, Trailer For Danny Trejo Exorcism Flick ‘The Cloth’

Published

on

From director Justin Price, and starring Danny Trejo, Eric Roberts, and Rachele Brooke Smith, comes a new exorcism flick, The Cloth, which will be for sale at the upcoming Berlin market. With the official website launched, we’ve also landed the official sales art that looks quite similar to Lionsgate’s The Last Exorcism.

‘The Cloth’ is a horror action-sci-fi thriller centered on a secret organization formed by the Catholic Church to counteract the rising cases of demonic possessions across the country. With the arrival of the Devil’s General Kasdeya on earth, the members of the Cloth have only seven days to stop the crossover of the ultimate evil into our realm. To stop Beelzebub’s arrival, their mission depends on Jason (Kyler Willett), a young godless man, to lead the next generation of Cloth members before the Devil and his armies walk the earth.

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

‘The Shrouds’ Teaser Trailer – Watch First Footage from New David Cronenberg Movie

Published

on

Horror master David Cronenberg is back with new movie The Shrouds, and ahead of the film’s premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, the first footage has arrived online today.

The teaser trailer for The Shrouds was first shared by Variety this morning. Watch it below for a cryptic first look at Cronenberg’s exploration of what he calls “cemetery cinema.”

Vincent Cassel (Irreversible, Eastern Promises) stars alongside Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds), Guy Pearce (Memento) and Sandrine Holt (“Fear the Walking Dead”).

Variety previews, “The Shrouds centers on Karsh, a prominent businessman. Inconsolable since the death of his wife, he invents GraveTech, a revolutionary and controversial technology that enables the living to monitor their dear departed in their shrouds. One night, multiple graves, including that of Karsh’s wife, are desecrated. Karsh sets out to track down the perpetrators.”

Cronenberg tells the outlet, “Most burial rituals are about avoiding the reality of death and the reality of what happens to a body. I would say that in our movie this is a reversal of the normal function of a shroud. Here, it is to reveal rather than to conceal. I was writing this film while experiencing the grief of the loss of my wife, who died seven years ago. It was an exploration for me because it was not just a technical exercise, it was an emotional exercise.”

“In a way, the shrouds that my main character has invented are cinematic devices,” he further details. “They are creating their own cinema, a post-death cinema, a cinema of decay. Before writing the script, I was aware that there was a cinematic aspect to the shrouds, creating their own strange grave cinema, cemetery cinema.”

David Cronenberg’s most recent movie was Crimes of the Future, which brought him back to his body horror roots. If you missed it, the 2022 film is currently streaming on Hulu.

Continue Reading