Connect with us

Movies

Tom Six Talks ‘Human Centipede’ Sequels

Published

on

With The Human Centipede: First Sequence being parodied by the likes of South Park and Funny or Die, it’s pretty obvious that Tom Six’s strangely crude horror film has become part of our pop culture. The sequel – The Human Centipede: Full Sequence – is set for release after the summer, but it won’t be the last of the NSFW concept.

The director recently sat down with EW to chat about sequels, parodies, and how Dr. Heiter has changed his life for better or worse.

Deets inside!
Even amidst death threats(!), Sixx moved forward with his sequel which has gotten a great reaction from those who have seen it. “… Not many people have seen it. Only the distributor and the people who worked in post production. They think it’s really crazy. I made this joke about Part 1 being My Little Pony compared to Part 2. People at the distribution company (IFC), at the first screening they had, some people walked away because they couldn’t handle the things they are seeing. But they absolutely love it. They think it’s going to explode because of what’s happening with Part 1 and South Park and stuff. Part 2 is really something else.

With a recent date mere months away, Six is still trying to keep the plot under wraps, giving away as little as possible. “I can say it has a centipede of 12 people. I want to keep it a surprise. Dieter [Laser, who plays Dr. Heiter] or one of the people of the centipede comes back.

The plan was always for three films, and Sixx is still dedicated to bringing that vision to life. Truly, it will be the fullest sequence imaginable. “Yeah, yeah, definitely. Three films makes a Human Centipede for me. Three can be the combination. What I want to do is make Human Centipede III: Final Sequence. And then I don’t want to make any Human Centipedes again. I’ve a terrific idea for it that’s completely different than 1 and 2 again. I think Part 3 will make Part 2 look like a Disney film.

No date is set for Full Sequence yet, but look for festival screenings later this year.

Movies

Benedict Wong and More Join Zach Cregger’s Horror Movie ‘Weapons’

Published

on

Pictured: Benedict Wong in 'Doctor Strange'

The new horror movie from New Line Cinema and director Zach Cregger (Barbarian), the upcoming Weapons has been adding to its cast all week, and today brings another update.

Deadline reports that Benedict Wong (3 Body Problem), Amy Madigan (Antlers), Austin Abrams (Euphoria), and Cary Christopher (Days of Our Lives) have all signed on.

They join previously announced stars Josh Brolin (Dune 2), Julia Garner (The Royal Hotel), and Alden Ehrenreich (Cocaine Bear) in the mysterious horror movie.

The upcoming Weapons is from writer/director Zach Cregger, who will also produce alongside his Barbarian producing team: Roy Lee of Vertigo and J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules of BoulderLight Pictures. Vertigo’s Miri Yoon also produces.

The Hollywood Reporter teases, “Plot details for Weapons are being kept holstered but it is described as a multi and inter-related story horror epic that tonally is in the vein of Magnolia, the 1999 actor-crammed showcase from filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson.”

Cregger was a founding member and writer for the New York comedy troupe “The Whitest Kids U’Know,” which he started while attending The School of Visual Arts. The award-winning group’s self-titled sketch comedy show ran for five seasons on IFC-TV and Fuse. He was also a series regular on Jimmy Fallon’s NBC series “Guys with Kids” and the TBS hit series “Wrecked,” and was featured in a recurring role on the NBC series “About a Boy.”

Weapons will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

Continue Reading