One of the most underrated horror films of the 80′s is Fred Deker’s Night of the Creeps, which follows a group of teenagers fighting against alien brain parasites that enter humans through the mouth and turn their host into a killing zombie. A brand new transfer of the film screened at the Alamo Draft House in Austin, Texas, where AICN was on hand to host. The big news is that writer-director Fred Dekker hinted that he might have written down some ideas for a potential sequel, while Quint was able to piece together the following extra features for the forthcoming DVD release (Blu-ray too, please?).
“- Release date is October 20th, 2009
- Sixty Minutes of Behind the Scenes featurettes:
- “Birth of Creeps” featuring Dekker talking about the origins of the project
- “Cast of the Creeps” featuring Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall and Jill Whitlow
- “Creating The Creeps” featuring interviews with SFX creators David B. Miller and Robert Kurtzman
- A special Tom Atkins centric piece called “Tom Atkins: Man of Action”
- “Escape of the Creeps” a detailed look at the post-production.
- Deleted scenes
- Fred Dekker solo commentary
- Cast commentary featuring Atkins, Whitlow, Marshall and Lively
- The original theatrical ending
- And footage from tonight’s Cast and Crew reunion screening at the Alamo Drafthouse.”
BLU-RAY, I want my mother effin’ BLU-RAY!