One of the most underrated horror films of the 80’s is Fred Deker’s Night of the Creeps, which follows a group of teenagers fighting against alien brain parasites that enter humans through the mouth and turn their host into a killing zombie. A brand new transfer of the film screened at the Alamo Draft House in Austin, Texas, where AICN was on hand to host. The big news is that writer-director Fred Dekker hinted that he might have written down some ideas for a potential sequel, while Quint was able to piece together the following extra features for the forthcoming DVD release (Blu-ray too, please?).
“– Release date is October 20th, 2009
– Sixty Minutes of Behind the Scenes featurettes:
– “Birth of Creeps” featuring Dekker talking about the origins of the project
– “Cast of the Creeps” featuring Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall and Jill Whitlow
– “Creating The Creeps” featuring interviews with SFX creators David B. Miller and Robert Kurtzman
– A special Tom Atkins centric piece called “Tom Atkins: Man of Action”
– “Escape of the Creeps” a detailed look at the post-production.
– Deleted scenes
– Fred Dekker solo commentary
– Cast commentary featuring Atkins, Whitlow, Marshall and Lively
– The original theatrical ending
– And footage from tonight’s Cast and Crew reunion screening at the Alamo Drafthouse.”
BLU-RAY, I want my mother effin’ BLU-RAY!
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - October 9, 2017 - Cynthia, Halloween, As...
Bill Moseley and Sid Haig reunite for a new project, we’ve got an update on the new Halloween movie, and Bruce Campbell is making us very excited about Ash Vs Evil Dead season three!
More in Home Video
IFC Films will release Óskar Thór Axelsson’s Icelandic horror I Remember You (Ég Man Þig), starring...
The new InterVision DVD of Beyond the 7th Door is currently $11.99 on Amazon....
The stakes are higher than ever in the intense action-adventure Death Race: Beyond Anarchy, arriving Unrated...
A few months back I was chatting with a friend about Italian cinema. We...